Corso PET 2018/19 🇬🇧 📚
Ex Prof. Maurizio Righi
• Felicity O’Dell “Total Pet” Student’s book”, Black Cat.
• Felicity O’Dell “Total Pet “Vocabulary Maximizer” , Black Cat.
Shopping per vestiti in inglese – lezione di inglese parlata
To buy clothes:
1. Hello, can I help you’
2. No, tank. I’m just browsing(looking around)
3. Okay, let me know if you need any help.
4. Actually, do you have any dress in stock’
5. Yes let me show you.
6. Mm, I like this one. Doyou have it in another colour (USA) /colour?
7. Yes, this dress also comes in red, blue, black and green.
8. I’d like to try the blue one please.
9. Sure, the changing rooms are over there. Note: shore/sure.
10. Can I try this in a smaller size?
11. Sorry we don’t have any in stock left in that colour. Would you like to try another colour?
12. Mm, I really like the blue one.
13. We have a special offer, buy one get one free.
14. Really, that’s a bargain.
15. Yes, we have a lot of special deal on our clothing.
16. In that case, I’ll take the red one and the black one.
17. Would you like anything else?
18. No, thanks, I’ll just get/buy this. Can I pay by card?
19. Of course, please enter your pin.
20. What is my pin number? Oh, yes.
21. Please, wait a moment. Sign here.
22. Can I get a receipt?
23. Of course. Here you go.
24. Thank you, have a nice day.
25. Thanks for shopping with us.
Shopping for Clothes: Colours & Sizes
Vocabulary, useful words
you sell…jeans, shirts, T shirts…
I’m looking for jeans. Do you have jeans in stock?
Can I try it/them on?
In a changing room you try on clothing.
Do you have in a size X ( size 8, 10, 12 etc….)?
How much is this?/are these?
That’s really expensive/cheap. That’s a bargain!
I’ll take them/it.
Will there be anything else?
Can I help you with anything else?
Cay with cash/by card.
I’ll pay by cash/card…
Get a receipt.
Could I have a receipt please?
Learn English Conversation Unit 16 Shopping
Small size= 4 Kg
Medium size= 6 Kg
Large size= 8 Kg.
1 bin/2 bin:
I’m afraid that/I’m very sorry but…
I would like to return this washing machine, there is a problem with…
It’s a nice T shirt but the colour/size is not quite right.
I’d like to return this shirt because…
1. Hello, could I have some tomatoes lease?
2. How many would you like?
3. I’d like 5 please.
4. How much is that?
5. That’s $ 2.99
6. Here you are
7. Thank you
8. Don’t mention it/You are welcome.
Homework TASK: Shopping day today! you enter a shop: Build up a dialogue between a shop assistant and you.
Spring Songs for Children – Spring is Here with Lyrics – Kids Songs by The Learning Stati
Rhino poacher eaten by lions after being trampled by an elephant
Only the man’s skull and trousers were left after he was mauled by big cats in South Africa’s Kruger National Park.
By Andy Hayes, news reporter
1. Poacher- bracconiere
3. Mauled – sbranato
<<A suspected rhino poacher has been eaten by lions after being trampled to death by an elephant in South Africa.
After the lions had finished, only his skull and trousers were left, South African National Parks (SANP) said.
The man’s family were alerted by his “accomplices”, who said he had been killed by an elephant while they were “in Kruger National Park (KNP) to poach rhino”, SANP said in a statement.
Skukuza Regional Ranger, Don English, arranged a search party after being called by the family.
“Rangers on foot, accompanied by members of the KNP Airwing, flew over the area,” SANP said.
Initially they failed to find the body, but after being given further information by four of the man’s accomplices, they searched again and found what little was left.
“Indications found at the scene suggested that a pride of lions had devoured the remains, leaving only a human skull and a pair of pants,” SANP said.>>
Poacher Hunting Rhinos ‘Trampled To Death By Elephant And Body Eaten By Lions’ – 2019
Rhino poacher trampled by elephant, then there were lions – TomoNews